South East • £45K - £55K + Significant Bens • Ref: JSM 11901
Posted 3rd June 2019
Unique opportunity for an Associate/Principal Level Planner to join a young and thriving award-winning firm to play a significant role within their growing team.
If you are looking for an exciting challenge and want to be part a highly independent firm of planners where you can make a significant impact then read on.
My client is an ambitious and award-winning firm of planners, land buyers and sellers with a headcount of nearly 15 staff currently.
Due to continued success, they are looking for an ambitious and motivated person to play a key role within the firm. They require someone with vision and initiative to oversee and run a range of significant projects across the region, to add value and progress to director level in due course
Working closely with the Managing Director/Company Founder, you will have support on a range of significant clients across the region. You will be responsible for leading and managing various projects across a range of sectors, but primarily residential schemes - typically 50 to 200 units.
· Client facing, providing exceptional service
· Project management across multi-disciplinary teams
· Planning and conducting planning and site appraisals
· Preparation, submission and negotiation of a variety of applications, mainly residential
· Advising throughout the planning process
· Assessing pre-application submissions
· Attending committee meetings and local planning authority discussions
· Supporting stakeholder engagement strategies
· Preparing representations and appeals
Capabilities & Qualifications
· RTPI accredited Degree/Masters Planning Degree
· MRTPI qualified, or working towards it
· Have upwards of 5 years planning experience across both private and public sector
· Be commercially minded with an interest in business development and networking opportunities
· Be used to working with minimal supervision and have a strong ability to use their own initiative
· Be personable with a strong team capability
· Have excellent organisational and project management skills
· Have strong communication skills, both written and oral
· Good IT and problem-solving skills
What This Opportunity Offers You
This is a fast-paced role in an ambitious independent planning and development consultancy offering a bespoke, customer focussed service and sound commercial advice. Based in their vibrant Bedford office, with a relaxed but professional culture. You will be given plenty of responsibility to progress your career, being able grow and develop a significant position within the firm going forward.
My client offers a competitive salary and benefits package. They provide a highly rewarding career with significant scope for progression and training.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.