Senior/Principal Air Quality Consultant
Central London • £38K - £48K + Significant Bens Package & Bonus • Ref: JSM 11853
Posted 26th October 2018
Looking for something a little different? Are you getting enough variety and responsibility in your current role? Would you like to work at the forefront of air quality consulting and policy? Do you want to broaden your professional experience as well as develop your managerial expertise? This fantastic opportunity offers you the chance work on a diverse range of high-profile projects not only in the UK, but also internationally.
My client is a highly regarded multinational consultancy with an outstanding track record in delivering exceptional and industry-leading air quality consulting advice to a range of high-profile clients, both in the private and public sector, here in the UK, but also internationally.
My client provides high quality and pioneering assessment work as well as undertaking policy and strategy work for local and central government. They enjoy a fantastic reputation for their expertise and employ many leading experts within the discipline. They have an enviable and diverse client base which will ensure a rich variety of projects for you to be involved in.
You will be working with a range of internal and external stakeholders and managing the delivery of a range of interesting projects. The role also offers you the chance become involved in the management of junior staff if this is a direction you would like to take your career in.
The work will involve significant dispersion modelling, air quality and odour impact assessments, permitting applications and environmental management programs.
My client is an award-winning employer who offers a relaxed and enjoyable working environment, within a modern office space in the heart of London. They have flexible attitude to working arrangements and fully support a positive work-life balance. The role comes with a competitive salary, excellent benefits package and structured development programme.
· Provide high quality technical consultancy to clients
· Contribute to and manage the delivery of projects
· Support junior members of staff
· Participate in the delivery of business development client relationship building and marketing building
· Undertake market analysis and identifying future industry challenges
· Working as part of the senior management team in developing strategy
· At least 5-years air quality consultancy experience
· A thorough understanding of air quality legislation, policy and guidance
· Experience of the delivery, co-ordination and technical review of air quality assessments
· Good analytical and report writing skills
· Proficiency in the application of air emissions databases and dispersion models for industrial and/or transport sources (e.g. ADMS, ADMS Roads, AERMOD)
· Keen and ambitious to develop your career further and take on additional responsibility
· Enjoys the challenges of change and see change as an opportunity
· A degree in a relevant scientific discipline, and preferably a Masters also
· Proven experience within the UK air quality sector, preferably within environmental consultancy
· Full Membership of the Institute of Air Quality Management (IAQM), or equivalent, or the necessary qualifications to become such a member
· Full UK Driving license
Benefits of this Role/Employer
· Working at the forefront of the industry alongside leading air-quality professionals
· Gain significant responsibility compared to your current role
· Huge variety of work, both public and private sector
· Significant career progression
· Policy as well as development led work
· Repeatedly voted a top employer in surveys
Our client offers a highly competitive salary along with a range of exciting benefits. This is an exceptional opportunity to join an ambitious business with significant growth plans ahead. My client offers a lot of training as well as great scope for progression and reward. You will have significant input in to the growth and development of the business.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles currently and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.