Consultant/Senior Consultant (Biodiversity Recovery Strategy)
UK Wide, Flexible Home Working • £30K – £40K + Excellent Bens DOE • Ref: JSM 1029
Posted 22nd June 2022
A truly unique opportunity to work at the forefront of biodiversity recovery and enhancement in the UK and internationally.
Biodiversify is an innovative/ground-breaking conservation consultancy which advises a range of private, public and third sector clients who want to act for nature. They work at the cutting-edge of scientific research to employ creative and disruptive techniques to challenge the status-quo of how biodiversity is managed in practice. Their team offers a wide range of services and have undertaken projects which vary from fisheries governance research to biodiversity impacts of the fashion sector.
Flexible Home Working (UK Based)
About this Opportunity
In this exciting role you will be expected to provide social science and stakeholder engagement to ongoing and new projects in the corporate biodiversity space. Main duties and responsibilities include;
· Support the design, management, and delivery of strategy projects for leading companies across a range of sectors including tech, agri-business and apparel.
· Work with clients to help them understand my Biodiversify’s approaches, articulate their reasons for acting on biodiversity and help with strategy development.
· Run and/or facilitate a variety of meetings, workshops and discussions with clients.
· Work with their impact team to integrate robust evidence into ongoing decision support systems and strategies.
· Understand and be able to advise on different policy changes for biodiversity and business.
· Be able to confidently give presentations and represent the firm externally
Because Biodiversify is working and expanding into new areas of work there, is a broad scope of other secondary responsibilities which can be adapted to take best advantage of your skillset. These could potentially include; identifying new clients and seeking contracts, writing reports and proposals, investigating the value of new technologies or data sets etc.
Responsibilities & Tasks
Biodiversify is working very hard to create a well-rounded team. This is partly about making sure they have a good combined skillset, but is more about finding people who fit well within the company. Because they are at the cutting edge of biodiversity sustainability, they often have to develop brand new approaches, something that can only be done by working together creatively. The key characteristics required in the candidate therefore include:
· 2+ years of professional work experience in corporate sustainability strategy development.
· Demonstrated ability in running social research, stakeholder engagement and/or strategies.
· A strong demonstrated ability to manage meetings, discussions and negotiations in a professional yet friendly manner.
· Ability to innovate to provide novel solutions.
· Knowledge of environmental issues and biodiversity.
· Ability to effectively visualise data for communication.
· Knowledge of key biodiversity policies and frameworks.
· Social science research.
· Strong writing skills.
· Passionate about biodiversity recovery.
· Knowledge of coding language(s).
Rewards & Benefits
Biodiversify’s company ethos is centred around three main areas;
1. To work at the cutting edge of applied conservation science.
2. To explore new markets and assist a wide range of entities who are thinking about biodiversity outside of typical ‘conservation’.
3. To work in a way which is flexible, interesting and compatible with family life and your own needs and interests.
The founding Directors started this company with the aim of creating their dream jobs. This is partially about the work they do, but also about their work ethic and professional culture.
The successful candidate will be able to play an active role in shaping this as they evolve and grow.
Specific benefits include:
· Company pension scheme.
· Home working contributions as laid out in our Remote Working Policy.
· Medical insurance for employees and their partners and children.
· Sick pay.
· 25 days annual leave + 8 bank holidays.
· Flexible working.
· Annual bonus in line with company performance.
· A 34 hour work week which allows staff to take Friday afternoons off.
Even if you are cautiously looking, I would recommend a discreet conversation to find out more about the firm and the role.
If you are interested in finding out more about this position or similar roles and would like a discreet non-committal chat, please contact Jeremy Money (firstname.lastname@example.org). However, if you have not received a response within with-in one working week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful this time round. We will confidentially retain your details and inform you of any other suitable opportunities arising should you not be successful in this role.
This is one of a number of exciting positions currently available via JSM Associates. JSM offers an extensive range of jobs in the areas of Planning, CSR & Sustainability, Environmental Management, Remediation & Contaminated Land, EIA and Ecology, Geotechnics, Environmental Planning, Air Quality, Noise and Vibration Landscape.
Phone - 01934 312 155
Email - email@example.com
Website - www.jsm-associates.co.uk
Twitter - @JSMAssociates
Apply for this role
Not keen on this role?
If the above role isn't for you, but you'd like to pursue other options, simply use the below links to register your CV with us for consideration, subscribe for job alerts or return to continue browsing other vacancies.